The Farm Information Unit is the outreach wing of the Directorate of Extension. The Farm Information and Outreach wing is to ensure mass scale dissemination of knowledge and information to farmers through electronic and print media, fairs/ exhibitions/ melas and other innovative methods.
The Unit is therefore responsible for provide a five tier publicity and information support to the farmers and extension functionaries as per activities detailed below: More..
• First tier Information Support through Doordarshan, All India Radio and private TV channel Programmes. The activities include supporting and overseeing (for content and quality) Programmes including providing feed back; facilitating bringing out focused ad campaigns and production of films;
• Second tier Information support through Print Media viz. newspaper ads, pamphlets and leaflets magazines, compendium of Schemes/Programmes etc.
• Third tier Information support through supporting/ organizing exhibitions, fairs, kissan melas at National/Regional level.
• Fourth tier Information support SMS / inward voice calls in Kisan Call Centres and Internet &
• Fifth tier Information support through integrating and facilitating delivery of information at the lowest level i.e. Block Level through Common Service Centres
• Bringing out routine in-house publications